Hello! I’m Samantha and I’m so happy you’re here 🙂 I began blogging in September 2014 after quickly learning I had no idea how to be a newlywed wife. For years I struggled to cook and bake things foods that came in boxes and lived in fear of meal time decisions. That is until two became one and I was no longer living alone.
After my husband and I got married, I set out with new goals to become a happier, healthier, and more well-rounded wife. YoungWife.HappyLife is about my journey learning new things such as cooking, baking, DIY-ing, and generally being married. I hope you can learn with me too, whatever stage you’re at in your life- married, dating, or single! (Or I can at least brighten your day with my humor!)
I met my wonderful husband (B.) at the South Dakota State Fair in 2010 and we instantly became best friends. After about 4 years together, we shared an amazing wedding day, on May 4, 2014, with our wonderful friends and family.
I now have two amazing kiddos. Our first joined God up in heaven during the first trimester of pregnancy. B and I believe our baby was a boy and is known as “Peanut”. He is our family’s wonderful guardian angel. Our second joined the world just this year! Baby H is a beautiful, healthy little girl growing faster than her mama can handle!
Here are some random facts about me:
- God, my husband, my kiddos, and my family/friends are my life. 🙂
- Before I got married my initials spelt SAM (which is my nickname!). They now spell SAK 🙂
- My mother-in-law and I handmade my wedding dress. 🙂
- I’m an awkward laugher and often laugh at things way longer than I should.
- I am in love with sunflowers, sunshine, and smiles.
- I have a bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, but I’m not sure how I’m going to use it yet.
- I’m also interested and am learning more everyday about photography, baking, gardening, and nutrition.
I would love to get to know you 🙂 Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org